Safety Keynote Speaker
How often have you said: “That employee would not have gotten hurt if they followed the procedure.” or “We have safety posters everywhere, why don’t they read them?!” As safe as organizations want and try to be, accidents still happen. Most safety audits reveal communication issues were to blame and more often than not, good intentions were the culprit. Communicating a culture of safety can be difficult when demands on time and people increase, but it can be done if you are communicating safely.
Safety Keynote Speaker Mike Hourigan has worked in many dangerous environments including: a steel mill, a leather tannery, a shoe factory, a wire factory, and a recreational vehicle plant. He saw how shortcuts and “work- a rounds” injured people. He also saw how management’s safety philosophy, or lack of it, contributed to unsafe situations.
Safety Keynote Speaker Mike’s keynote covers:
- Creating a culture of safety by giving people permission to think
- How to truly reward safe behavior
- It’s not about the regulations it’s about the explanations
- Lock in / Lock out logic
- How to ask, “why did you do that,” without sending employees into defense mode
- Selling the safety sizzle to unmotivated employees
- Mutual trust and teambuilding
- The dilemma of a good safety record
- How to use your company’s marketing messages to promote safety
- Helping employees slow down when in a hurry
Get in touch with Safety Keynote Speaker Mike to discuss your Company’s Safety Training needs..
Call him at 704-875-3030 or fill out the form below.
Contact Safety Speaker Mike Hourigan below: