The most popular types of sales training programs are the ones able to guarantee a steady increase in sales over time. Most of the sales training in the U.S. fails because it is only able to offer short term benefits to a company, with any quantifiable improvements dropping off just a few months after the training is complete.
The most popular type of sales training, then, is the kind whose principles and tools can be applied years after the training takes place. In order to reap these long term benefits, sales training programs must contain the following elements:
1. They account for individual strengths, weaknesses, and sales styles.
2. They show managers how to best utilize the different abilities of each team member.
3. They clearly define sales goals as they relate to the company and individual team members.
4. They engage team members by presenting sales training in a fresh, entertaining, memorable way.
5. They show team members specific ways to apply newly acquired tools over time.
Popular sales training programs not only create a dynamic, engaging experience throughout the training process; they inspire salespeople by providing them with applicable tools that will immediately improve their conversions.
In addition to enjoying an immediate increase in sales, the best type of sales training programs will offer practical tools that can be woven into the fabric of the sales teams’ overall operating procedures, thus steadily increasing sales over time.
Mike Hourigan is a Keynote Speaker, Author and Consultant who specializes in sales training. Contact Mike at 704-875-3030, 888-PRO-KEYNOTE or fill out the form below.