7 Qualities of a Great Motivational Keynote Speaker
There is nothing more important to the success of your event or conference than hiring a fantastic motivational keynote speaker.
But, with thousands of qualified motivational keynote speakers from which to choose, where do you even begin? How can you be sure that the motivational keynote speaker you choose will not only motivate your audience, but truly make a difference in their lives for years to come?
The answer can be found in the following 7 qualities, all of which can be found in a truly great motivational keynote speaker:
- A great motivational keynote speaker should have: A great sense of humor – humor goes a long way in any keynote speech, but it’s particularly effective if you’re looking for a speaker to help you navigate change, company restructuring, or other serious issues.
- A great motivational keynote speaker should have: Proven experience – the best motivational speakers have solid resumes that boast diverse experience with audiences of all shapes and sizes.
- A great motivational keynote speaker should have: Listening skills – a great keynote speaker not only listens to their audience and responds in the moment, but listens to you, the event planner, before they’ve even been hired. A great motivational keynote speaker understands your needs and allows you to communicate those needs to them clearly and openly.
- A great motivational keynote speaker should use: Fresh content – top motivational keynote speakers don’t recycle the same keynote speeches over and over again; they deliver solutions in speech form based on the unique needs of your audience or employees.
- A great motivational keynote speaker should have: Teaching ability – talking about solutions is one thing. Teaching your audience how to implement those solutions is another. A great motivational keynote speaker not only talks the talk, but shows your audience how to walk the walk.
- A great motivational keynote speaker should have: Passion – even fresh content, humor, experience, and listening skills will fall flat without passion. The speaker you choose must love what they do and be passionate about the ideas they’re sharing with your audience.
- A great motivational keynote speaker should have: Adaptability – the best keynote speakers are quick on their feet, able to adapt to change at a moment’s notice – even during the speech itself.
Mike Hourigan is Motivational Keynote Speaker, Author and Consultant who specializes in change management and communication skills training for large and small companies.
Contact Mike at 704-875-3030, 888-PRO-KEYNOTE or fill out the form below.